When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally and we do not store personal information, such as log-in details, names, addresses or credit/debit card details in cookies. These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- Cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website so that you do not “lose” any products that you have previously added to your shopping bag/basket/order.
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using our site :
First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site.
Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
The First party cookies we use are listed below;
|We use these cookies to allow our servers to respond to your requests, for example adding a product to your basket, and using our promotions. These cookies are needed for our website to work for you.|
secured session cookie
|We use this secure cookie to manage your relationship with our website, for example if you have logged in. This cookie is always sent over a secure connection. This cookie is needed for our website to work for you.|
The Third party cookies we use are listed below;
These cookies enable Google Analytics. This is a software service provided by Google that helps us improve our site presentation and marketing.
They help us analyse the traffic on our site. We track information such as the number of visitors to our site, the most popular pages and the most popular products on our site. They also help us measure the success of our marketing campaigns.
These cookies never track any confidential or any personally identifiable information. The information provided by Google Analytics can only be seen by Google, and our relevant marketing teams.
Changing browser settings to accept or reject cookies:
If you wish to prevent cookies from being placed on your computer, you will need to change your website settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on which browser you use and we provide further details for the most popular browsers below. However, you will not be able to order from this website and it may perform erratically or not at all.
If you wish to view your cookie code, just click on a cookie to open it. You’ll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the server that gave you the cookie.
For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may have an impact upon the functionality of our website.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Select the ‘Tools’ menu or icon at the top of your browser window, then select ‘Internet options’ then the ‘Privacy’ tab.
- Change the Privacy level setting as appropriate. Medium or below will enable cookies in your browser. Settings above Medium will disable cookies.
- Select the ‘Options’ from the ‘Firefox’ drop-down, at the top of your browser window.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ icon and change the relevant settings.
- Select the ‘Customise’ icon at the top of your browser window.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the menu and then select ‘Show advanced settings’
- Under the Privacy heading, select the Content settings button and change the relevant settings
- Select the ‘Safari’ menu or icon at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option.
- Select ‘Privacy’ icon and change the relevant settings. Selecting ‘Never’ will block cookies but will mean this website will perform erratically. Opting to block cookies from advertisers should mean you can still use the functions of this website.